Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

WHAT WE DO at HMCME


Today, I heard Luke chapter 2 eloquently read by two African-American girls (Kaitlin & Alexis).

I watched 10 year old Alexis sit down at the piano and play  “Silent Night.” Then I listened to a 13 year old African-American male named Quinton play it on his trumpet. 

Moments later I watched a twenty-something year old sister named Cheylon perform a classical dance that moved her so deeply that she and several members of the audience, including me, were in tears by the end of the song. 

Shortly after that, a chorus of African-American males 13 years old and younger sang “Mary Did You Know.”

Leaving this place, I watched people hug and shake hands, pausing to share holiday plans and ask about each other’s family.  I saw people standing in front of a bulletin board, adding their names to a list of volunteers who’ll give out clothing to the needy in the week before Christmas.

This was no benefit concert nor holiday special.

This was just church at Hall Memorial.

You should join us.

Hall Memorial CME Church, 541 Seibles Road, Montgomery, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment