Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The "Light" at the End of the Tunnel

A notorious sinner had a near-death experience and used the story to become a wealthy new age guru.  During one of his conferences, he looked out and saw his former pastor sitting in the 3rd row of the audience.

He stopped the music and called for the spotlight to mark the old preacher. 
The guru pointed accusingly and yelled into his headset-mic, “This is my old pastor. I can’t tell you how many times this man told me that if I didn’t repent of my sins I would die and go to Hell.
“Well, preacher, here I am.  I’ve survived being clinically dead for 5 minutes and I’ve never repented.  I’ve never asked Jesus to be my Savior,” the guru spat defiantly.
“And while my heart was stopped I saw the same tunnel of warm light that all those Christian have written about.
“What do you have to say about that, preacher?  What do you have to say about MY tunnel of light?”


The old preacher stood unfazed before the snickers of a thousand devotees to the man on stage.  Calmly, the preacher reached into his pocket.  He pulled out a lighter, flicked it, and said, “Fire gives off light, too.”

---Anderson T. Graves II   is a writer, community organizer and consultant for education, ministry, and rural leadership development.
Rev. Anderson T. Graves II is pastor of Hall Memorial CME Church in Montgomery, Alabama, executive director of the Substance Abuse Youth Networking Organization (SAYNO) and director of rural leadership development for the National Institute for Human Development (NIHD).

To hear sermons, read devotions, and learn more about the ministry at Hall Memorial CME Church, visit www.hallmemorialcme.blogspot.com .

If this message helps or touches you, please help support this ministry. Send a donation of any amount by check or money order.
Mail all contributions to :
Hall Memorial CME Church
541 Seibles Road
Montgomery, AL 36116

No comments:

Post a Comment