Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

A LITTLE CRAZY IS NECESSARY, SOMETIMES

1 Corinthians 13:1     Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2     And though I have the gift ofprophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3     And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

No matter how good the things we do, no matter how well we do good things, we must always act with love and out of love.

Acts 26: 24     Now as [Paul] thus made his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much learning is driving you mad!

In your commitment to do what God has called you to do, you are never permitted to be un-loving.  But, sometimes--- sometimes you do have to be unreasonable.      
 
Sometimes it’ll look to others like you’ve gotten “beside yourself.”   Sometimes people will think that you’ve spent so much time studying this stuff that you’ve gone slap crazy.  Sometimes the reasons people present for you giving up or just compromising somewhat are so ---- logical, that to stay the course in the midst of the obvious conditions would be outside the bounds of reason.

O.K.

You’re not going  to respond to out of bitterness.  You’re not going to retaliate against nay-sayers or  set out to destroy dissenters.  You’re not allowed to be un-loving.

You are going to learn from the wisdom of your opponents and use  it to advance your crazy goals.  You are going to continue following the same insane calling no matter what the crap “they” say.  You are going to do what youknow you’re meant to do---anyway.   

You’re not allowed to be un-loving, but you do get to be irritatingly unreasonable. 

Acts 26: 25     But [Paul] said, “I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speak the words of truth and reason. ... 29     And Paul said, “I would to God that not only you, but also all who hear me today, might become both almost and altogether such as I am, except for these chains.”
---Anderson T. Graves II

Rev. Anderson T. Graves II is the pastor of Hall Memorial CME Church
Call/ fax: 334-288-0577
Email us at hallmemorialcme1@aol.com  
Friend Pastor Graves at www.facebook.com/rev.a.t.graves

If you want to be a blessing to this ministry, contributions may be made by check or money order.

Mail all contributions to :
Hall Memorial CME Church
541 Seibles Rd.,
Montgomery, AL 36116

No comments:

Post a Comment