Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A WORD TO THE WISE: Proverbs 28: 18. "Walk but Don't Trip"

Proverbs 28: 18     Whoever walks blamelessly will be saved, but he who is perverse in hisways will suddenly fall.

Proverbs 28: 18.  My wife says that I have a distinctive walk.  Sheila can pick me out in a crowd, even at a distance, just by the way I move from point A to point B.  In fact, from the same distance she can tell what kind of mood I’m in, just by the way I walk.

Biblically speaking, your “walk” is your behavior---conduct and conversation.  That’s what Paul was referring to when he wrote:   As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him(Colossians 2: 6)

Your verbal testimony can claim salvation, but, especially to those who never get close enough to learn your whole story, your walk is what really says who you are. 

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  (Galatians 5:25) 

If your conduct and your conversation is consistent with the teachings of God’s Word, then people will be able to see, even from a distance, that you are Saved. 

So, if you ever find yourself arguing with someone, angrily trying to convince them that you really are a Christian, stop.  Stop  arguing, back away, and ask yourself, “Why isn’t who I am and Whose I am obvious from the way I walk?”

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called(Ephesians 4: 1)

I was working a football game one Friday night, and Sheila and the kids were in the stands.  It had been a long day at the end of a long week, and I wasn’t feeling well.  I stepped out of the crowd to join my family in the bleachers and surprised Sheila. 

With obvious concern she said, “You weren’t walking like yourself.”

Don’t let the pressures and temptations of this life mess up your walk.  If you don’t walk straight, you’ll end up tripping.  If you’re tripping, you’ll fall.  You’ll fail.

Don’t trip.  Walk like who you are. 

Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.  (Romans 13: 13-14)
----- Anderson T. Graves II

Rev. Anderson T. Graves II is the pastor of Hall Memorial CME Church
Call/ fax: 334-288-0577
Email us at hallmemorialcme1@aol.com
Friend Pastor Graves at www.facebook.com/rev.a.t.graves

If you want to be a blessing to this ministry, contributions may be made by check or money order.

Mail all contributions to :
Hall Memorial CME Church
541 Seibles Rd.,
Montgomery, AL 36116

No comments:

Post a Comment