Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

YOUR MOVE


Then Moses said to the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”
So the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? Have not I, the Lord?
Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say.” 
 But [Moses] said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.” 
 So the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses… (Exodus 4:10-14).

We pray, “Lord send someone to help them.”

The Lord responds , “I did.  I sent you.”

When the day began to wear away, the twelve [disciples] came and said to [Jesus], “Send the multitude away, that they may go into the surrounding towns and country, and lodge and get provisions; for we are in a deserted place here.”
But [Jesus] said to them,  “You give them something to eat.” … (Luke 9:12-13)

We pray, “Lord Jesus, send them somewhere to get some help.  Show up in their lives, or show them how to seek You for what they need.”

The Lord’s replies, “You help them.  Instead of waiting for Me to come to them, you come to Me, and then you go to Them, and you help them.”

Then Jesus went with them. And when He was already not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to Him, saying to Him, “Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy that You should enter under my roof.  Therefore I did not even think myself worthy to come to You. But say the word, and my servant will be healed.   For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.
When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him,  “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!” (Luke 7:6-9)

We say, “Lord, You have all power and all authority. Speak to their situation.  Call your angels to bring deliverance from their circumstances.”

The Lord’s answers, “I gave you power when I sent you the Holy Spirit.  I gave you authority to bind and to loose.  I don’t need to call more angels.  I called all of you to go to them and deliver deliverance from their circumstances.”

What if we’re not waiting on a move of God in this nation?

What if God has already moved, and now He’s waiting on a move of us?

---Anderson T. Graves II   is a pastor, writer, community organizer and consultant for education, ministry, and rural leadership development.

Call me at 334-288-0577
Email me at
atgravestwo2@aol.com
Friend me at
www.facebook.com/rev.a.t.graves

To hear sermons, read devotions, and learn more about the ministry at Hall Memorial CME Church, visit www.hallmemorialcme@blogspotcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment