Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

A WORD TO THE WISE. Proverbs 29: 1. "You Got One Mo' Time"

Proverbs 29: 1     He who is often rebuked, andhardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Proverbs 29: 1.  “You got one mo’ time to ‘forget’ to do what I told you.”

That’s what my father and mother would say to me.

What my father and mother meant was, “You DO NOT have even one more time to ‘forget’ to do what I told you.”

So, the next time I forgot to water the hogs, mow the yard on Saturday morning, put gas in the car after I went out, or check whether grandma and grandpa needed some more wood cut---- the very next time, I got a whoopin’ and I got grounded.  No prelude.  No negotiation.  Any questions my parents asked at that point were purely rhetorical.  Any excuse I offered was pointless.

The consequences were sudden and without remedy.

When God reveals our sin to us it is for our own good.  He wants to bless us, but He won’t bless our sin.  So our sin is in the way between us and the blessing God has for us.

Conviction and rebuke are the sound of God shouting, “Hey, put that down so I can bless you.”

After a while God says, “You got one mo’ time to not put that down when I tell you.”

And you know what that really means.
---Anderson T. Graves II

Rev. Anderson T. Graves II is the pastor of Hall Memorial CME Church
Call/ fax: 334-288-0577
Email us at hallmemorialcme1@aol.com
Friend Pastor Graves at www.facebook.com/rev.a.t.graves

If you want to be a blessing to this ministry, contributions may be made by check or money order.

Mail all contributions to :
Hall Memorial CME Church
541 Seibles Rd.,
Montgomery, AL 36116

No comments:

Post a Comment